Sunday, October 09, 2005

Back of the Pack


Hello! I just got my yarn on Thursday at my LYS . 20% off as it was last years color palette. It is actually more green looking, kinda khaki green, than the photo shows. I have completed the back ribbing portion after ripping it out the first time, as I got confused about when to start the cables. I did a gauge swatch before starting and got approximate gauge, sort of, but didn't want to move up to a size 5 needle......hopefully I won't regret this........
I thought the "diagramme" must be kind of self explanatory easy; so didn't think too much about it. In another one of my village-idiot moments, I thought the blank boxes must mean knit, and the lines must mean purl. Now that I am at the cables I see that this must not be the case.......unless the cables are done fromthe purl side. So I am trying to reconfigure my front and back to make this work out. Think I will just skip a row.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Jess said...

Excellent yarn choice! Did you do k2, p2 for the ribbing?

3:53 PM  
Blogger Susanne said...

YES! K2, P2, another mistake on my part....so then I couldn't figure out how to make it all better....and started over AGAIN!!!! following the directions this time......for some reason, I thought the diagramme meant repeat 1-12 until you get to the middle then do rows 13, 14......

11:09 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

Susanne, you aren't the only one who misinterpreted the ribbing. If you go look at the pics on the French KAL there are all sorts of interpretations of that rib. One has a k2p2 rib all the way to the center, then a k4 right in the center, then k2p2 again. looks a little odd. another looks to be a k1p1 ribbing. That's the beauty of interpreting a pattern, you can make it all your own ;)

12:36 PM  
Blogger Julsey said...

Since the title of this post is "back of the pack", I will comment on that - I haven't even bought YARN yet! I'm waiting for NYS Sheep and Wool - hoping to get some really yummy Merino...hopefully not terribly expensive! So...until next week!

6:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I based my decision to purchase some cashsoft DK in sweet for this project based largely on your picture. I love the look you achieved with this yarn - and just in the little that is done. I'd love to see your progress. Thank you!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home