Wednesday, March 29, 2006

so far so good


I started out by knitting size 3 because that seemed to be closest to my measurements. However, when I'd reached the Godron stitch part, it seemed way to big! And since many of you had noticed that our beloved Colchique had a tendency to end up too big, I decided to frog the whole thing and knit size 2 instead. When I reached the same point again, I realized I'd forgotten to do the stated decreases at the beginning of the godron part the first time I knit it! Oooops! Anyway, size 2 seemed to work anyway, so that's what I'm doing! I've finished the back after some frustrating decisions regarding the raglan decreases. Cast(bind) off or decrease? I went with decreases. Two stitches in from the edge. In hindsight I probably should have done the decreases at the very egde, so they won't be so visible. But I'm not frogging it again! I asked Linster about how she'd done, and it seems she'd chosen the same way to go about it as I did!

Anyway, the back is finished and I've knitted about 15 cm of the front. It's still fun to knit! I'm a bit anxious about the sleeves, since I want to do the thumb thingies... Well, so far so good!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your updates... I've been working on this sweater for months. (I must be a really slow knitter- I'm a "thrower", but it doesn't help when you have to frog and re-knit the entire back and front!) It's a fun sweater to knit, but after awhile ennui does set in and I lose momentum... so seeing others still progressing helps me a lot!

11:59 AM  
Blogger katarinaw said...

I know what you mean. I really need a kick in the butt when it comes to finishing things, and seeing other people's progress is inspiring!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home