Friday, February 24, 2006

It took two months to go from this:


to this:
The result - eh. I wore it in public and the consensus is it's "big." Particularly the upper arms but I think overall it's too large. I anticipated a close fitting, tightly knit sweater. This ain't it. The yarn I used (KnitPicks merino style) is stretchy. Blocking it made it even bigger. Perhaps not the best choice as a substitute. Maybe it would have worked better if I had used a smaller needles and knit the smallest size. We will never know.

So it'll sit in my closet until I decide what to do with it. Frog and use the yarn for something else if inspiration hits. Find someone larger than me who would like it. Serve as motivation not to get larger myself. I bummed because I really like the style and it was fun to knit. But I don't have the heart to do it again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linster said...

I totally agree on the sleeve issue. I look like a hockey player too, and I definitely don't look skinny as the model chick. We've all been fooled.

When you're done grieving, join the new vestalong.blogspot.com! :-)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Marji said...

I'm so sorry that has happened to so many of you. I'm getting a little worried, but I keep wrapping the pieces around me and there is negative ease on all of them, so I just cant' think this is going to be big. Now that I've finished Lady E for the KnOlympics I can get back to colchique and finish her.

9:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yours fits a lot like mine does, seal. i don't think it's that bad on you as a biggish sweater, just not the original vision, i suppose.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Marji said...

thanks for adding the pics (or maybe I just couldn't see them before)
The sweater is beautiful, and it looks like you did a beautiful job on it - but ya, it looks a little on the roomy side. :(

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home