Saturday, January 14, 2006

Owwwww

I had no idea this pattern would hurt my fingers so much! Stupid too-small needles....


Anyway, I got gauge just fine with US 4s and this peacock blue yarn and have made a very small, very tight amount of progress on the back. Or maybe the front. I haven't decided if I should do the front first so that I can see how it looks in the context of my boobs and not have as much to rip out if does, indeed, look awful or if I should just do the back first because, well, it's supposed to be done first.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, peacock blue. that's going to be purdy.

i'd do the front first, for boob compatibility and because afterward the back will fly (the front is by far the most complex piece).

a suggestion re: the boobage... this is a shot in the dark, but why don't you do the ribbing in a slightly looser gauge than recommended in the pattern? that might make the shape less clingy.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Juniper said...

Actually, what would be really neat is if I could figure out a way to make this a v-neck. I have one sweater that's really fitted around the waist and has a deep v-neck that looks fantastic on me. I tried sketching it out, but it just wasn't working for me. Maybe once I've had more than 4 hours of sleep it'll come to me. Until then, I'll keep plodding along up the front. I don't really have to worry about the neckline just yet, right? 9_9

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home