Tuesday, October 04, 2005

SILKY TWEED

Hi, the yarn called for in the pattern is pure laine 3, 5 (available at http://www.breiweb.nl/). The pure laine has 108 meters or 118 yards per ball. I am using Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed, which has 131 yards per hank, so I need 11 hanks for the second smallest size. Sadly I only had a bag of 10 in my stash so I ordered a skein of a different dye lot and am hoping for the best. I purchased my yarn on eBay a while ago, and it is still easy to find there for about $5.50 to $7.50 a hank. Silky tweed is a really nice yarn, it is 8 ply with a subtle sheen and is incredibly soft. I don't think the picture really does it justice. I got gauge using US 4's for my Godron Stitch swatch.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marji said...

I love the Silky tweed. Beautiful color too.
I've had to add some yarn to a Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino cardi that I'm knitting of different dyelot. If you knit with 2 balls, changing yarns after every 2nd row, carrying the yarns up the side, you won't notice the dyelot difference, especially if you do it in the ribbing, unless your dyelot is so different that it appears to be a diff color. I don't think that will happen with Elsbeth Lavold, but you never know.

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home