Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Great progress!

This is why I won't pass this course that ends today: I've done some great progress on my colchique! It's a wonderful project, with just enough things happening every row and then, and it's quite a quick knit, too. As I've read other people's knitblogs, I've realized that I'm what you would call a "slow knitter" who takes moths to finish projects. Last winter I made a shawl collar cardigan, and it took me six months! This summer, during vacation and such I finished a shawl collar sweater (shawl collars are so stylish!) for my boyfriend in only two months, which is definitely a personal record. This current project may therefore become a new personal best, and I hope it will be done by X-mas when I'm going up north *brr* to see my mom.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

bravo!

ooh, and shawl collars! i've been looking for a good shawl collar pattern for my boyfriend. which did you use? i saw a guy wearing one this weekend that was gorgeous - a pullover with aran cables with a shawl collar.

j

8:09 AM  
Blogger Linster said...

I used a raglan pattern from Garnstudio (http://www.garnstudio.com/drops_85/85-02se.htm) and then modified the collar and the ribbing, and used a different yarn (two yarns, actually; alpacka and wool), which made it softer and hence less fitted than the original, I think. Turned out quite alright. I'll send you a pic if you like. And of course I'll translate the pattern if you'd happen to fall in love. :-)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the color! what is the yarn?

1:54 PM  
Blogger Linster said...

The yarn is "Karisma" from Garnstudio (Swedish). I wasn't too excited about it at first, but it's really a lovely yarn for this kind of sweater.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home