Friday, April 07, 2006

thumb translation

I just read the last entry, and felt that I of course have to share the translation I have of the thumb part. Now, my pattern was in dutch, so it is translated from dutch. (Thank you, knitting nederlass!) I hope it's helpful!
Here it is:

Continue to knit all stitches in fantasy rib, except for the 13 thumb sts
that you knit in stockinette.
Decrease on both ends of the marked stitches every second row: 6 times a
simple decrease (slip 1, knit 1, psso on the two stitches before marked
stitch and knit together the 2 stitches that follow the marked stitch.) Then 2 rows up, knittog the purl stitch and the marked stitch.

At 9 cm total length, the edge stitch. Place stitch marker and increase on
both sides. (at the same time steadily forming a rib stitch on the increased
stitches.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Juniper said...

Heyyyyyy that looks about right! Damn, now I'm tempted to cheat on my mother's present with a test swatch of the thumb loops.

4:05 PM  
Blogger Juniper said...

Ah-HA! It worked, but there's far too many stitches to make the hand part snug. I think it'll be fine if I subtract an entire repeat of fantasy rib.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home