Monday, January 09, 2006

finishing questions

It's all together except the buttons. I'm bummed for two reasons:

1) The tops of the sleeves are too wide. It looks like a hockey sweater. The horizontal rib is too stretchy. The whole thing is too big but I can deal with the bottom parts. I suppose I could reknit the entire thing to be smaller but I don't have the will.

2) The button-hole strip. Hopefully I can fix this somehow. I sewed it on along the top and collar but when the collar folds forward you see the back of the seam. That can't be right, can it? I saw someone else's finished picture and I noticed the seam but it looks like the right side out - how do you do that?

I'll post pictures once I get the buttons on but right now I'm not feeling too thrilled about this sweater.

1 Comments:

Blogger Linster said...

1) I know! My sleeves are a bit too wide too. Stupid pattern.
2) Above the third buttonhole, you sew the buttonpiece from the other side, so it looks right when the flap is down.

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home